Sunday 9 March 2014

Live Fast Die Young! Stress: The Gauranteed way to fail before you start



 

stress sweat, stress acne, stress fat, stress breath, stress pain, stress fatigue, stress insomnia, stress eating, stress starvation, stress hoarding, stress death!
 
We are constantly sold on new issues we have and ways to deal with them. Stress seems to be at the heart of many cosmetic, health and relational issues. But my reality is that stress actually does effect whether or not I experience wellness. It effects my workouts, how I eat and I am willing to bet it effects those things for you too.
 
S3 by D3 because of C3 while embracing ARC!
 


 

What causes me wellness stress?

 

  • business

  • finances

  • relationships

  • time

  • aging - pain

  • emotion/ dedication

 

When it comes to failure, reasons are excuses educated people use to sell simple people on why they are justified to fail.
 
 
I could go through the how's and why's of each of the prior stressors in detail but I don't think that is most effective.

 

Most people fail before they even start. If I am honest about many of my endeavours, the ones that failed often started out in a way that only a miracle could have made it work. The challenge is that most of my successful endeavours also started out the same way. So how do I figure out the difference and what do I do about it?

 

First I need to recognize what sabotages me before I begin. In the case of physical change and wellness it is probably similar things for you as it is for me. I can get really deep into the psychology of how stress interrupts our success journey or I could tell you my magic S3 that enables me to boost past stress as a controlling negative influence. So...if you like the quick and easy. I love the number 3. It is easy to remember things in 3's so I use D3 to help me S3 and I maintain it with C3. D3 is Desire, Decision and Determination  . S3 stands for Shower, Shave and Show up! You know what C3 stands for.

 

1 - Think about it. Whether you are stressed, scrawny, chunky, shy, lazy, aging, busy or just inexperienced. What would happen if no matter how you were feeling at the moment, No matter when that moment was you decided to take a shower while talking or singing the affirming statements that have meaning to you

 

2 - Whether you are a man or a woman some type of pride and increased wellbeing occurs when we shave. Clean up. cut up. smooth out. Legs, face and believe it or not for many those nether regions. Detail your hygienic process and all of a sudden you are 20% better than before. You feel smarter, more attractive and more compelled to continue those good feelings.

 

3 - It has been said that 90% of success is showing up. The reason is simple. If you're not present it's physically impossible to accomplish anything. I remember taking a client to the parking lot of the gym over and over until it became habit. a couple months later she actually went in. She has continued to go in to the gym and has kept stubborn weight off for nearly 7 years for one simple reason. She is programmed to show up.


So back to these problems that cause me stress:

 

  • Business

  • Finances

  • Relationships

  • Time

  • Aging - pain

  • Emotion/Dedication

 

and others that cause people I know wellness stress:

 

  • the weather (cold/hot)

  • TV/Internet/social life

  • Never see permanent results

  • No energy

  • sore

  • get hurt

 

Those are the problems. How best can they be solved?

 

  1. 123 solution - most self help health books
  2. big picture solving - most autobiographies of before and after change
  3. slight edge - ARC. little consistent habits over an extended period of time create massive success.

 

Many people work well when they are explained a problem in story form then point form followed by the solution in point form. For example, my health effected my energy to play with my kids would be a story. going to bed late, skipping breakfast, stressing about finances and work and then having no energy for family time would be the points of the problem. Getting better sleep, eating breakfast and exercising earlier in the day regardless of how I feel at the moment are point form solutions. The challenge I see with this is that even with proper information people often still end up doing nothing. Seems that we have to actually accept there is a problem then decide to commit to doing something regularly about it. Then and only then are changes/results guaranteed. So...do you want to be intelligent about all the issues or have results. Do you want to understand the economy or have financial stability. Do you want to understand what a great relationship should be like or experience it personally. Do you want to know what it takes to be healthy or live in wellness. Do you want to be critical of the other woman's body or have pride of ownership when you look at yourself in underwear. Do you want to read about the involved dad or actually be one.
 
 

 

Stress is an inevitable part of my life and I am sure yours. We all have it but only some of us use it as an excuse to accept mediocrity or less. The difference in satisfaction I experience in my life is directly related to how I allow stress to impact me. The more I make choices that by nature reduce stress and the impact it has, the greater fulfillment and success I have in my physical, emotional and spiritual wellness. So, instead of being simply overwhelmed by past failure, my circumstances, and daily stress. I realize I don't  have to know it all. I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to win everyday. Sometimes I just need to know there's a problem, there are solutions and I will shower, shave and show up. I will do this till things are better. Therefore...I always win even when others think I have failed. I S3 by D3 because of C3! ARC

 
Shower Shave Show Up
Desire Decision Determination
Character Commitment Change
Attitude and Relentless Consistency


 

No comments:

Post a Comment