Sunday 6 April 2014

Martina - a Hero from my perspective-backstage




When I Met Martina she did what she always did. Bubbled with enthusiasm. She could have just gone through the motions like most people do when meeting people but she did not. She could have dragged all the drama and issues of her personal life into our connections and taken out personal frustrations on me but she didn't. The truth is Martina was just one person that I connected with at one of the banks I use but she always went above and beyond her role. She engaged with me as a fellow human and I responded.

It was after we exchanged information that I really noted how consistent and determined Martina was with her running. I mean, many people exercise infrequently. Often people that appear to be perfectly put together physically tend to post regularly. People starting or in the middle of their journey often hide so that if they fail they can remain anonymous. Not Martina, she has been vocal consistently, using her posts as a way of self motivation and accountability. I watched her, day after day, week after week and she never even knew.




What I didn't know about Martina is that as a single Mom of 4 kids she has gone through more challenges and struggles than most people I meet. She still doesn't complain or use excuses for not pursuing better wellness. The best part is that she isn't boring. Her motorcycle riding nature was an instant magnet for me. I suspect many other people have been attracted to the beauty of Martina's spirit. Most probably have not shared the fact.

What I know to be true is that people in the pursuit of something better will always attract those on the same journey. So when I got sick and didn't see my friendly banker face it was nice to be remembered and noticed for more than a number.

After sharing the information on the previous wellness blog, Martina and I have been able to talk some more. That is the wonder of authenticity. It opens the door to deeper contact, trust and communication. The strength that Martina has is just beginning to show. One thing she made very clear is her aspiration to be an inspiration to others. To live her best life regardless of her circumstances. To build a new and improved life of abundance for her and her family. Because of these reasons and so many more, I choose to follow and support Martina in her journey of self fulfillment. Her journey of wellness. I pray that it continues to impact others like me around the world. One day as we understand more of the peoples journey that we often judge, we will realize that better is possible for all and hope is never suppressed greater that belief can propel.

It would have been easy to never tell Martina what seeing her journey means to me but in this day and age all that matters in the end is what really matters in the end. To Martina, understanding how the struggle of her journey has positively impacted my life and possibly thousands around the world now that read this blog is something that means everything to her. We make time and space for what is important. Thank you Martina for making the time and space to share with us. Now, enjoy your new community of support and keep us updated (quarterly would be great!) Best to you Martina. C3 Wellness, our community readers around the world, You new wellness friends (my other Hero's) and myself are behind you every step of the way! When you find someone along their life's wellness journey, take the time to support and acknowledge them. You have no idea how far that ripple can go...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment